Project Management is one of the fastest-growing professions. Organisations across all sectors are looking for expertise to help manage change effectively. This course, accredited by the Association for Project Management (APM), provides a broad introduction to project management.
The course focuses on the APM's Body of Knowledge, which provides guidance on all the key disciplines required from those involved in project management today. Candidates will be able to gain recognition for their project management knowledge through certification.
The course is inclusive of courseware, examinations, refreshments, post course tutor support, and pass guarantee.
APM Introductory Certificate in Project Management – Bovington
Duration: 2 days
If you need further information, call us on 01926 405 797
- Principles of project, programme and portfolio management
- Understanding project success
- Business case
- Risk management
- Project organisational roles
- Stakeholder management and communication
- Leadership and teamwork
- Planning, estimating and scheduling
- Resource management
- Quality management
- Effective monitoring and controlling
- Project handover and review
This course will enable participants to:
- Describe the characteristics of projects, programmes and portfolios and appreciate why they need to be managed
- Demonstrate their understanding of the key disciplines involved in project management
- Define success factors for projects
- Understand the steps involved in planning a project
- Identify risks and how best to manage them
- Define project roles and understand the importance of leadership and stakeholder management
- Track and control project progress, ensuring the correct level of quality is being delivered
- Determine the applicability of project management to their own work
- Assess their own projects in respect to what they have learnt
- Take the APM Introductory Certificate examination.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is aimed at those who have little or no previous project management experience. Real-world examples and a cast study are used to equip delegates with core project management tools, techniques and terminology.
- 60 multiple-choice questions
- One hour
- Candidates need to score 36 marks (60%) in order to pass.
There are no formal pre-requisites, although some involvement in project management would be an advantage.
Delegates will receive FGI's comprehensive APM Introductory Certificate courseware, which includes a project case study.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.
ITIL® Operational Support & Analysis – BovingtonFrom: £1,620.00 Read more
Agile Project Management™ Foundation and Practitioner – BovingtonFrom: £1,449.00 Read more
PRINCE2 Agile™ – London – CitypointFrom: £995.00 Read more
PRINCE2® Practitioner (2009) – Edinburgh – WestFrom: £1,369.00 Read more