M_o_R® Practitioner Upgrade
The objectives of the course are to give delegates an in depth knowledge of the use and techniques of the M_o_R Risk Management method, as laid out in the AXELOS guide 'Management of Risk; Guidance for Practitioners'. The course is interactive, with presentation sessions interspersed with group exercises and discussions.
This course takes place over two days, including the M_o_R Practitioner examination. Delegates should be aware that considerable evening preparation and consolidation will be required by those that wish to pass the examination.
The following topics will be covered:
- Risk Management and Corporate Governance
- M_o_R Principles
- M_o_R Perspectives - Strategic, Programme, Project and Operational
- M_o_R Techniques
- M_o_R Approach
- Roles & Responsibilities
- M_o_R Process
- Assess and Plan
- Implement and Communicate
- Embed and Review
- Risk Management Maturity
- Risk Specialisms
- Selecting Risk Software Tools
- M_o_R Documents
In addition, delegates will work through a case study illustrating the application of M_o_R techniques, and participate in workshops covering the appropriate application of the techniques to real situations.
This course will enable participants to:
- Understand the importance of the Management of Risk in protecting an organisation’s investors, its profit margins, and the quality of its service delivery
- Identify barriers to successful management of risk and actions to overcome these barriers
- Understand the Management of Risk (M_o_R) approach and how to put in place effective frameworks for taking informed decisions about risk
- Understand the links to programme and project risk management
- Be able to use techniques to manage risk
- Gain a recognised Management of Risk qualification
Who will benefit:
This event will benefit managers with full-time responsibilities for corporate governance or charged with enhancing an organisation's risk management culture.
Delegates must hold the M_o_R Foundation certificate in order to be eligible to attempt the Practitioner examination.
The Practitioner examination will take place on the final day of the course. It is a three hour Objective Testing Examination (complex multiple-choice). There are 4 questions based around a case-study scenario. Delegates are allowed to use an annotated M_o_R manual to assist them in the examination. You will need to achieve a score of at least 40 correct answers out of 80 (50%) to pass. The pass mark (50%) is averaged across all eight questions.
Delegates will receive a comprehensive pre-course preparation pack, the AXELOS publication 'Management of Risk: A Guide for Practitioners' and detailed course slides and notes.