Change Management Foundation
The Change Management Foundation course will focus on equipping delegates with a comprehensive understanding of the challenges of Change Management, why change happens, how it happens and what needs to be done in order to overcome resistance to change. The course is highly intense with extensive delegate participation and opportunities to apply Change Management models, tools and techniques to a variety of scenarios. We provide pre-course materials and activities to enable delegates to prepare for the course, so that they can take full advantage of the trainer's knowledge and guidance. The successful completion of the Foundation exam will give the delegate a recognised APMG qualification.
The course is inclusive of courseware, examinations, refreshments, post course tutor support, and pass guarantee.
- Learning what happens when individuals experience change
- Identifying what factors affect an individual's response to change
- Being aware of how personality affects an individual's relationship with change
- Recognising how & why individuals resist change
- Focusing on improving team effectiveness
- Understanding how teams change and develop
- Learning about leadership issues in team change
- How team change impacts organisational change
- Identifying key metaphors of organisational change and how they link to Change Management
- Recognising your own assumptions about how organisational change works
- Learning and critically evaluating different models of organisational change
- Beginning to build an integrated model of the organisational change process
Leadership and Change
- Understanding the relationship between leadership style and change
- Understanding the effects of different leadership styles on the change process
- Learning about the different leadership roles in the change process
- Developing a personal action plan to respond to the demands of leading change
- Define what change means in a work environment and examine its impact on individuals, teams and the organisation as a whole
- Understand the impact of change on individual and team productivity, including an overview of the learning cycle, learning styles and personality types
- Explore team dynamics, the criteria for effective teams and the effect change initiatives can have on team productivity
- Analyse how different organisation types are affected by change
- Consider various models of organisational change and how best to apply them to a project scenario
- Investigate the role of the leader, how to manage resistance to change
- Pass the Foundation exam
Who Will Benefit?
- All managers involved in change or business transformation
- Change agents and change champions throughout the organisation
- Consultants wishing to further develop their consulting capability
- Programme and Project Managers responsible for coordinating and implementing change, and managing its impact on people
- 3-day course
- 1-hour, multiple-choice, closed-book exam on the third day
- Change Management pre-course workbook, with suggested 5-10 hours of pre-course reading
- Accompanying textbook - Making Sense of Change Management 2nd Edition
- Comprehensive courseware
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.