PRINCE2® Project Management Overview
This course is designed to provide delegates with a high-level, but nonetheless comprehensive, overview of Project Management. It allows delegates to grasp the key principles and covers the full scope of managing projects. A variety of topics are addressed, elements of which are interactive, with ample opportunity for discussion.
This course is an ideal companion to FGI’s half-day Programme Management Overview, enabling delegates to gain a good understanding of both Programme and Project Management within the space of a day’s training.
- What is a Project?
- Project Characteristics
- Project Lifecycle
- Project Management Methodologies
- Project Critical Success Factors
- Common problems
- Strategies for success
- Project Organisation Structure
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Project Business Case
- Project Management Processes
- Controlled Start
- Controlled Progress
- Controlled Close Directing a Project
- Management of Risk
- Quality Management and Change Control
- Learning Lessons
This course will enable participants to:
- Describe the characteristics of a project
- Describe the benefits of using a project management methodology
- Identify project critical success
- Understand the project management lifecycle
- Assess the validity of a Project’s Business Case
- Determine those people or organisations that will be important to the project and consider how best to involve and communicate with them
- Define the basic steps managing project risk
- Understand the project decision-making process.
Who Will Benefit?
The course is highly suitable for staff who commission projects, or who are likely to be Project Board members.
It has also proved extremely valuable as a first introduction for other staff that may come into contact with projects. The course may form the basis for further project management training or participation in functional workshops.
Delegates will receive FGI Project Management Overview courseware, including a case study and exercise pack.