PRINCE2® Practitioner Upgrade (2009)
- The PRINCE2® Practitioner Upgrade course enables delegates to upgrade their PRINCE2® Foundation qualification to the level of PRINCE2® Practitioner. Working with world class trainers, delegates will learn how to successfully pass their PRINCE2® Practitioner exam. The course is inclusive of courseware, examinations, refreshments and post course tutor support.
Course Overview:This course has been developed in order to take delegates who have already passed the PRINCE2® Foundation examination to the level of PRINCE2® Practitioner. The course has been designed to make use, in the first instance, of guided self-study so as to bring delegates “up-to-speed” with PRINCE2®. It will then move to the classroom for an Examination Preparation Day, which is followed by further revision before the Practitioner examination itself is taken on the final day of the course.
The preliminary self-study, which will be guided by one of FGI’s trainers, will take delegates through the full scope of PRINCE2®. As well as covering all the principles, themes, processes and techniques, it will provide instruction on aspects such as Project Start-Up, Project Initiation, Product-Based Planning, Controlling a Stage, Managing Product Delivery, Managing a Stage Boundary, and Closing a Project. The first classroom day will enable delegates to practice Practitioner type questions and it will be followed by a revision period before the exam itself is taken on the second classroom day.
- This course will enable participants to:
- Refresh their knowledge and understanding of PRINCE2® as a project management methodology
- Demonstrate their knowledge understanding of the elements of PRINCE2®
- Return to their own projects and apply the concepts and techniques learnt
- Be prepared to sit the PRINCE2® Practitioner examination
Who Will Benefit?Delegates wishing to upgrade their existing Foundation to achieve the Practitioner status. Those who have passed the Foundation fairly recently and have been using PRINCE2® in their ‘day job’ will need to set aside about fifteen hours for self study before the first classroom day (Examination Preparation Day). Those for whom this is not true may need to allow a little more time.
Examination:The Practitioner exam will be held on the final day of the course. It is a two-and-a-half hour, Objective Testing Examination (complex multiple-choice). There a eight questions based around a case-study scenario. Delegates are allowed to use an annotated PRINCE2® manual to assist them in the examination. The pass mark (55%) is averaged across all eight questions.
Pre-Requisites:Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the PRINCE2® Foundation certificate which must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
Private On-Site Training:This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training. If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.