The PRINCE2® Overview course is designed to provide you with an introduction to the PRINCE2® structured project management method. No previous experience or training will be required or assumed, and the course will introduce you to the concepts within PRINCE2® and to the PRINCE2® process model. You will be provided with an Overview Delegate Manual at the start of the day. There will be some exercises designed to reinforce the training you will receive.
- Context of Project Management
- Introduction to Processes and Components
- Organisation, Business Case, Plans, Risk, Start-up, Initiation
- Roles and responsibilities
- Configuration Management, Controls, Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery and Stage Boundaries
- Change Control, Quality in a Project Environment
- Closing a Project
- Benefits of PRINCE2®
This course will enable participants to:
- An appreciation of the extent of PRINCE2® in the context of project management
- An understanding of the structure of PRINCE2®
- A familiarity with the language and key concepts of the PRINCE2® method.
Who Will Benefit?
If you are new to projects or need a brief introduction to the principles of PRINCE2® this is the course for you. The day will acquaint you with the PRINCE2® project management method. This may be the limit of PRINCE2® training you will need in order to carry out any project responsibilities if you are, say, part of the Project Support Office. Alternatively it may be the pre-cursor to further training, especially where you are new to project work and wish to progress to a more detailed understanding of PRINCE2®. FGI provides this course as part of its public schedule or, alternatively, you may wish to have it presented on an in-house client basis where a number of company employees may receive this training at the same time.
No previous experience of PRINCE2® or project management will be required and there will be no pre-course study to undertake.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.