PRINCE2® Foundation Consolidation (2009)
Many organisations take the Best Practice guidance provided by the Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® manual and tailor the method to the needs of projects in their environments. These organisations often prefer to train their staff on this tailored, in-house version of PRINCE2®, rather than have them attend formal, accredited PRINCE2® training.
This is beneficial to staff in many ways, as they are able to associate the project management method to projects in their own environment immediately. Also, support in the shape of templates and tools may be available and be used on the course, giving staff a practical insight into how to use the method.
However, although staff greatly benefit from and enjoy these courses, they often regret not being able to gain a recognised project management qualification, such as the PRINCE2® Foundation.
In order for organisations to get ‘the best of both worlds’ in terms of organisation-specific training and recognised qualifications, FGI have created the PRINCE2® Foundation Consolidation day.
Providing that delegates have recently attended a project management training course (at least three days in length) on an in-house method based on PRINCE2®, FGI will be able to consolidate this knowledge and ensure it is aligned to the PRINCE2® method, enabling delegates to sit the PRINCE2® Foundation examination.
- Projects and their Characteristics
- PRINCE2® Principles
- Organisation Theme
- Starting up a ProjectProcess
- Business Case Theme
- Directing a Project Process
- Plans Theme
- Risk Theme
- Initiating a Project Process
- Quality Theme
- Controlling a Stage and Managing Product Delivery Processes
- Change Theme
- Managing a Stage Boundary Process
- Progress Theme
- Closing a Project Process
- PRINCE2® Foundation Examination
This course will enable participants to:
- Review project management concepts and techniques
- Ensure that their project management knowledge is aligned to the PRINCE2® method
- Understand the tailoring and scaling of PRINCE2® and how their own organisations have embedded the method
- Take the PRINCE2® Foundation examination.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is aimed at any project staff who have been recently trained in project management theory and practice, based on PRINCE2®, and who now wish to gain a formally-recognised project management qualification.
Delegates can sit the PRINCE2® Foundation examination at the end of the final day of the course. This is a one-hour, multiple-choice, closed book examination testing the delegate’s knowledge of PRINCE2® theory. Delegates need to score 50% or more, to pass.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.