Incorporating ITIL® in a PRINCE2® Managed Project
- Objectives and expectations
Assessing the Situation
- Why things don’t work as well as intended when implemented
- Reasons for this
- What solutions are there
- Costs and benefits
Operational Acceptance Criteria
- What are they?
- How are they measured?
- What tasks are necessary to meet them?
Incorporating Service Management Tasks in the Project
- Links between PRINCE2® and ITIL®
- Defining and Designing Products and Work-packages
- The effect of different approaches to projects
Service Management and the Project
- What does Service Management need from a project?
- Where should Service Management be engaged in a project?
- Ensuring lessons learnt are passed forward
- Circulation of the approach
What this course isn’t!
- About learning PRINCE2®
- About learning ITIL®
- About using PRINCE2® to implement ITIL® processes
- To enable the attendees to understand how to engage with ITIL® Service Management ‘Best Practice’ in a PRINCE2® environment.
- To enable attendees to identify the points in the PRINCE2® processes where interface with Service Management is necessary.
- To enable the attendees to identify the ITIL® Service Management roles and functions that should be involved in the project.
- To enable the attendees to describe work-packages and products which contribute to meeting a project’s operational acceptance criteria.
Who Will Benefit?
- Project Managers wishing to gain a greater awareness and understanding of Service Management and Project Management integration, particularly ITIL®.
- Service Managers looking to incorporate ITIL® Service Management principles within the Project Management lifecycle.
- Knowledge of ITIL® Service Management Disciplines to foundation level. The foundation certificate is not necessary.
- PRINCE2® overview or above, or have basic concept of project management.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.