- The objective of this course is to give delegates an understanding of the 'Managing Successful Programmes' (MSP®) philosophy and how it can be applied to live programmes. This course is delivered using the latest fourth edition (2011) of the MSP® manual and syllabus. The course is interactive, with presentation sessions interspersed with group exercises and discussions. Evening consolidation and preparation work is required in order to gain maximum benefit from the course. This course is combined with the MSP® Foundation course and takes place over five days. The Foundation exam is taken on the afternoon of day three and the Practitioner exam is taken during the afternoon of day five. The course is inclusive of courseware, examinations, refreshments and post course tutor support.
The following topics will be covered:
- Introduction and Programme Management Principles
- Governance Themes
- Programme Office
- Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement
- Benefits Management
- Blueprint Design and Delivery
- Programme Planning and Control
- The Business Case
- Risk and Issue Management
- Quality and Assurance Management
- Transformational Flow:
- Identifying a Programme
- Defining a Programme
- Managing the Tranches
- Delivering Capability
- Realising the Benefits
- Closing a Programme
- This course will enable participants to:
- Define a programme and how a strategy or vision can be broken down into individual projects
- Identify barriers to running a successful programme and actions to overcome these barriers
- Review the Life Cycle of a programme and the roles and responsibilities of those involved in programmes
- Understand Benefit Identifications and Benefit Realisation
- Discuss and understand the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) approach, building on the Delegates own experience and knowledge of large-scale change
- Discuss how MSP® could be applied in real life situations and undertake practical work in a supportive training environment
- Gain respected Programme Management qualifications
Who Will Benefit?The course is recommended for managers working towards a role with full-time responsibility within a programme environment.
Examination:Delegates can sit the MSP® Foundation examination at the end of the third day of the course. This is a one hour, 70 question multiple-choice (although there are also an additional 5 trial questions on each paper), closed book examination testing the delegate's knowledge of MSP® theory. You will need to achieve a score of at least 35 correct answers (50%) to pass. The MSP® Practitioner exam will be held on the final day of the course. It is a two-and-a-half hour Objective Testing Examination (complex multiple-choice). There are eight questions based around a case-study scenario. Delegates are allowed to use an annotated MSP® manual to assist them in the examination. You will need to achieve a score of at least 40 correct answers out of 80 to pass. The pass mark (50%) is averaged across all eight questions.
Pre-Requisites:A Foundation pass of 50% or more is a pre-requisite for sitting the practitioner examination.
Courseware:Delegates will receive a comprehensive pre-course preparation pack, the Cabinet Office publication 'Managing Successful Programmes' and detailed course slides and notes. In addition, delegates will work through case study based exercises to prepare them for the MSP® Foundation and Practitioner exams.
Private On-Site Training:This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training. If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.