MSP® Practitioner Upgrade
- This course has been developed in order to take delegates who have already passed the MSP® Foundation examination to the level of MSP® Practitioner. The course has been designed to make use, in the first instance, of guided self-study so as to bring delegates up-to-speed with MSP®. It will then move to the classroom for an Examination Preparation Day, which is followed by further revision before the Practitioner examination itself is taken on the final day of the course. The course is inclusive of courseware, examinations, refreshments and post course tutor support.
The preliminary self-study, which will be guided by one of FGI's trainers, will take delegates through the full scope of MSP®. As well as covering all the principles, governance themes and processes, it will provide instruction on aspects such as Identifying a Programme, Defining a Programme, Programme Planning and Control, Benefits Management, Risk and Issue Management, Delivering Capability, and Closing a Programme.
The first classroom day will enable delegates to practice Practitioner type questions and it will be followed by a revision period before the exam itself is taken on the second classroom day.
- This course will enable participants to:
- Refresh their knowledge and understanding of MSP® as a programme management methodology
- Demonstrate their knowledge understanding of the elements of MSP®
- Return to their own programmes and apply the concepts and techniques learnt
- Be prepared to sit the MSP® Practitioner examination
Who Will Benefit?Delegates wishing to upgrade their existing Foundation to achieve the Practitioner status. Those who have passed the Foundation fairly recently and have been using MSP® in their day job will need to set aside about fifteen hours for self study before the first classroom day (Examination Preparation Day). Those for whom this is not true may need to allow a little more time.
Examination:The Practitioner exam will be held on the final day of the course. It is a two-and-a-half hour Objective Testing Examination (complex multiple-choice). There are eight questions based around a case-study scenario. Delegates are allowed to use an annotated MSP® manual to assist them in the examination. You will need to achieve a score of at least 40 correct answers out of 80 to pass. The pass mark (50%) is averaged across all eight questions.
Pre-Requisites:Delegates must hold the MSP® Foundation certificate.
Course Materials:Delegates will receive structured FGI pre-course reading. Depending on when they sat their Foundation course, they may also receive the fourth edition (2011) of the 'Managing Successful Programmes' manual, and FGI's MSP® Practitioner courseware.
Private On-Site Training:This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training. If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.