MSP® Practitioner Re-Registration
- In order for their qualification to remain current, all MSP® Practitioners holding the qualification since January 1st 2008 must “re-register” at least every five years by taking and passing the 1 hour 15 minute Practitioner Re-registration examination. MSP® has recently been refreshed (in 2007 and 2001) and, therefore, Practitioners currently needing to re-register will be unfamiliar with this new, fourth edition of the MSP® methodology. This intensive course will give delegates a detailed knowledge of the fourth edition of MSP® and prepare them thoroughly to sit the Practitioner Re-registration examinations. The course is inclusive of courseware, examinations, refreshments and post course tutor support.
- Introduction and Programme Management Principles
- Governance Themes
- Programme Organisation
- Programme Office
- Leadership and Stakeholder Engagement
- Benefits Management
- Blueprint Design and Delivery
- Programme Planning and Control
- The Business Case
- Risk and Issue Management
- Quality and Assurance Management
- Transformational Flow:
- Identifying a Programme
- Defining a Programme
- Managing the Tranches
- Delivering Capability
- Realising the Benefits
- Closing a Programme
- Practitioner Re-registration Examination
- This course will enable participants to:
- Understand the fourth edition of the MSP® methodology in detail
- Identify the changes and differences between the fourth edition of MSP® and previous editions
- Define a programme and how a strategy or vision can be broken down into individual projects
- Identify barriers to running a successful programme and actions to overcome these barriers
- Review the Lifecycle of a programme and the roles and responsibilities of those involved in programmes
- Understand how to build capabilities, which transition into outcomes that realise benefits for the organisation
- Discuss and understand the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) approach, building on the Delegates own experience and knowledge of large-scale change
- Discuss how MSP® could be applied in real life situations and undertake practical work in a supportive training environment
- Be prepared to sit the MSP® Practitioner Re-registration examination
Who Will Benefit?This course will benefit any MSP® Practitioners who gained the qualification between three to five years ago and are, therefore, looking to re-register in order to keep their qualification current.
Examination:The 1 hour and 15 minute Practitioner Re-registration examination is taken on the afternoon of the third day of the course. This is an open-book, Objective Testing Examination (OTE) in which delegates need to score 15 out of 30 in order to pass.
Pre-Requisites:Delegates must hold the MSP® Practitioner (or Intermediate as it was previously known) certificate.
Course Materials:Delegates will receive a copy of the fifth edition of Managing Successful Projects with MSP®, FGI MSP® Practitioner courseware and a detailed Revision and Examination Preparation Guide.
Private On-Site Training:This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training. If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.