The objectives of the course are to give the delegate an insight to the ‘Managing Successful Programmes’ (MSP®) philosophy, and how it can be used to manage programmes effectively. This course is delivered using the latest fourth edition (2011)of the MSP® manual and syllabus.
The course is interactive, with presentation sessions interspersed with group exercises and discussions.
The following topics will be covered:
- Introduction and Programme Management Principles
- Transformational Flow:
- Identifying a Programme
- Defining a Programme
- Managing the Tranches
- Delivering Capability
- Realising the Benefits
- Closing a Programme
This course will enable participants to:
- Define a programme and how a strategy or vision can be broken down into individual projects
- Identify barriers to running a successful programme and actions to overcome these barriers
- Review the Lifecycle of a programme and the roles and responsibilities of those involved in programmes
- Understand how to build capabilities, which transition into outcomes that realise benefits for the organisation
Who Will Benefit?
The course is recommended for senior executives considering the introduction of MSP® into their organisation, and for those newly appointed to a programme environment.
Delegates will receive a comprehensive pre-course preparation pack, the Cabinet Office publication ‘Managing Successful Programmes’ and detailed course slides and notes.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.