MSP® Advanced Practitioner
The objective of the MSP Advanced Practitioner course is to give delegates a comprehensive understanding of the ‘Managing Successful Programmes’ (MSP) philosophy and how it can be applied to live programmes. This course is delivered using the latest fourth edition (2011) of the MSP manual and syllabus.
The course is interactive, with presentation sessions interspersed with group exercises and discussions. Evening consolidation and preparation work is required in order to gain maximum benefit from the course.
This course takes place over three days. The Advanced Practitioner exam is taken during the afternoon of day three.
The course is inclusive of courseware, examinations, refreshments and post course tutor support.
The following topics will be covered:
- Introduction and Programme Management Principles
- Governance Themes
- Programme Office
- Leadership and Stakeholder Management
- Benefits Management
- Blueprint Design and Delivery
- Programme Planning and Control
- The Business Case
- Risk and Issue Management
- Quality and Assurance Management
- Transformational Flow:
- Identifying a Programme
- Defining a Programme
- Managing the Tranches
- Delivering Capability
- Realising the Benefits
- Closing a Programme
- MSP HealthCheck
- Adopting MSP
This course will enable participants to:
- Define a programme and how a strategy or vision can be broken down into individual projects
- Identify barriers to running a successful programme and actions to overcome these barriers
- Review the Life Cycle of a programme and the roles and responsibilities of those involved in programmes
- Understand how to build capabilities, which transition into outcomes that realise benefits for the organisation
- Discuss and understand the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) approach, building on the Delegates’ own experience and knowledge of large-scale change
- Gain respected Programme Management qualifications
Who Will Benefit?
The course is recommended for managers with a full-time responsibility within a programme environment.
The Advanced Practitioner exam will be held on the final day of the course. It is a three hour essay-based examination. There are three questions based around a case-study scenario. It is an open book examination in that delegates are allowed to use an annotated MSP manual and other material in the form of course notes, examples, copies of presentations, etc., but no electronic aids, such as laptops, may be used to assist them in the examination.
You will need to achieve a score of at least 38 out of 75 to pass.
Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the MSP Foundation and Practitioner certificates which must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission.
Delegates will receive a comprehensive pre-course preparation pack, the Cabinet Office publication ‘Managing Successful Programmes’ and detailed course slides and notes.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.