Individuals and organizations are much more cautious with their investments these days. “Can we afford this? Can we take the risk? Should we be doing this?” are all questions being asked of change initiatives (projects and programmes). Portfolio Management helps organisations answer a fundamental question “Are we sure this investment is right for us and how will it contribute to our strategic objectives?”. Investment is the keyword because Portfolio Management is about investing in the right change initiatives and implementing them correctly. A Portfolio is the totality of an organisation’s investment in the changes required to achieve its strategic objectives.
Portfolio Management is a coordinated collection of processes and ways of making decisions that balance organisational change and business as usual. While programme and project management help you do change initiatives right, portfolio management assists you to do the right change.
This course will give delegates an overview of Portfolio Management and its key concepts and processes, including discussion on how an organisation can implement Portfolio Management.
The following topics will be covered:
- Practices for Delivering Change
- Portfolio Management Concepts
- Objectives and Benefits Principles
- Portfolio Definition Cycle
- Portfolio Delivery Cycle
- Implementing Portfolio Management
This course will enable participants to:
- Organise and contribute constructively to implementing and/or improving Portfolio Management in an organisation
- Demonstrate knowledge of Portfolio Management principles, cycles and practices, in an organisational setting
- Contribute to the Portfolio Definition and Delivery cycles and production of the Portfolio Strategy and Delivery Plan
- Assess their own Portfolios of projects in respect of what they have learnt.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is recommended for staff who are involved with ensuring that their organisation’s projects and programmes are properly co-ordinated in order to successfully deliver the required strategic objectives.
Delegates will receive FGI Portfolio Management Overview courseware.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.