Managing Agile Projects with PRINCE2®
Many commentators believe the ability to run “traditional” project management methods, such as PRINCE2®, with an Agile Project Management™ flavour are at the leading edge of contemporary thinking. This introductory workshop will examine how PRINCE2® can be integrated with a sample agile method. The advantages and disadvantages of both approaches will be discussed using the vehicle of a realistic case study to give a sample integrated implementation, which can be translated to delegates’ chosen management methods and work environment.
- Overview of PRINCE2® and Agile Project Management™
- Methods and Principles
- Reasons for Integrating
- Advantages of PRINCE2®
- Advantages of Agile Project Management™ Approach
- Synergies and weaknesses
- Combining the Models
- Mapping Key Processes
- Combining the Organisation Structure
- Use of PRINCE2® Themes
- Use of PRINCE2® and Agile Project Management™
- Iterations and Change Control
- Time, Modelling and Product-
- Based Planning
- Prioritisation and Quality Review Case study exercises
- Discussion of syndicate solutions
- Feedback and review
This course will enable participants to understand:
- Understand issues surrounding the integration of PRINCE2® with Agile Project Management™ methods;
- Make selections and adaptations of the PRINCE2® method within a sample case study;
- Operate in a PRINCE2® environment with a supplier using an Agile Project Management™ project delivery framework; and
- Be able to pursue further study or research with critical understanding of generic strengths and weaknesses.
Who Will Benefit?
Anyone managing projects and interested in either leveraging more from PRINCE2® or providing an improved
framework for their already agile approach would benefit from attending this workshop.
Ideally, delegates should have completed a PRINCE2® Foundation or Practitioner course, but a practical knowledge and relevant experience of working with PRINCE2® would suffice. No direct experience or knowledge of any one agile method or approach is assumed.
Delegates will receive FGI Managing Agile Project Management™ Projects with PRINCE2® courseware including a relevant case study and
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.