Agile Poject Management™ Practitioner Upgrade
The Agile Project Management qualification aims to address the needs of those working in a project-focused environment who want to be Agile.
Based on the proven fundamentals within DSDM Atern, the certification provides the ability to deliver Agile Projects in organisations requiring standards, rigour and visibility around Project Management, while at the same time enabling the fast pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile.
This course builds on the Agile Project Management Foundation course (a Foundation pass of 50% or more is a pre-requisite for sitting the Practitioner examination) and takes place over three days. The Practitioner exam is taken during the afternoon of the final day.
The Practitioner level qualification is aiming to measure whether the candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Agile Project Management guidance to apply and tailor it to a given scenario situation. The scenario is designed to allow the candidate to demonstrate competence to begin working as an Agile Project Manager on a non-complex project.
The course is interactive, with presentation sessions interspersed with group exercises and discussions.
Evening consolidation and preparation work is required in order to gain maximum benefit from the course.
Who will benefit:
The course is recommended for practising project managers and Agile team members who wish to become Agile Project Managers.
Delegates must hold the Agile Project Management Foundation certificate in order to be eligible to attempt the Practitioner examination.
The following topics will be covered:
- Roles and Responsibilities - the PM view
- Agile Project Management – through the lifecycle
- The Effective Use of the Products
- Deliver on time – Combining MoSCoW Prioritization and Timeboxing
- People, Teams and Interactions
- Requirements and User Stories
- Estimating – How and When
- Project Planning through the Lifecycle
- Quality – Never Compromise Quality
- Risk Management
- Tailoring the Approach
- Practitioner Examination Preparation
- Practitioner Examination
This course will enable participants to understand:
- The underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile;
- The lifecycle of an Agile project, including alternative configurations;
- The products produced during an Agile project and the purpose of these;
- The techniques used and their benefits and limitations; and
- The roles and responsibilities within an Agile project.
The Practitioner exam will be held on the final day of the course. It is a 2.5 hour Objective Testing Examination (complex multiple-choice). There are four questions based around a case-study scenario. Delegates are allowed to use an annotated Agile Project Management handbook to assist them in the examination. You will need to achieve a score of at least 40 correct answers out of 80 to pass. The pass mark (50%) is averaged across all four questions.
Delegates will receive pre-course reading, the Agile Project Management Handbook and a detailed FGI Agile Project Management binder containing course slides, notes and an exercise pack.