Agile Project Management™ Foundation and Practitioner
- The Agile Project Management qualification aims to address the needs of those working in a project-focused environment who want to be Agile. Based on the proven fundamentals within DSDM Atern, the certification provides the ability to deliver Agile Projects in organisations requiring standards, rigour and visibility around Project Management, while at the same time enabling the fast pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile. This course is combined with the Agile Foundation course and takes place over five days. The Foundation exam is taken on the afternoon of day three and the Practitioner exam is taken during the afternoon of day five. The Foundation-level qualification aims to measure whether the candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Agile Project Management guidance to be able to recognise and distinguish between the key elements of the approach. A Foundation pass of 50% or more is a pre-requisite for sitting the practitioner examination. The Practitioner level qualification is aiming to measure whether the candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the Agile Project Management guidance to apply and tailor it to a given scenario situation. The scenario is designed to allow the candidate to demonstrate competence to begin working as an Agile Project Manager on a non-complex project. The course is interactive, with presentation sessions interspersed with group exercises and discussions. Evening consolidation and preparation work is required in order to gain maximum benefit from the course. The course is inclusive of courseware, examinations, refreshments and post course tutor support.
- The following topics will be covered:
- What is Agile? Choosing an Appropriate Agile Approach
- Philosophy, Principles and Project Variables
- Preparing for Success
- The DSDM Process
- The People – DSDM Roles and Responsibilities
- The DSDM Products
- Key Practices - Prioritisation and Timeboxing
- Planning and Control throughout the Lifecycle
- Other practices: Facilitated Workshops , Modelling, and Iterative Development
- Foundation Examination
- Roles and Responsibilities - the PM view
- Agile Project Management – through the lifecycle
- The Effective Use of the Products
- Deliver on time – Combining MoSCoW Prioritization and Timeboxing
- People, Teams and Interactions
- Requirements and User Stories
- Estimating – How and When
- Project Planning through the Lifecycle
- Quality – Never Compromise Quality
- Risk Management
- Tailoring the Approach
- Practitioner Examination Preparation
- Practitioner Examination
- This course will enable participants to understand:
- The underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile;
- The lifecycle of an Agile project, including alternative configurations;
- The products produced during an Agile project and the purpose of these;
- The techniques used and their benefits and limitations; and
- The roles and responsibilities within an Agile project.
Who Will Benefit?The course is recommended for practising project managers and Agile team members who wish to become Agile Project Managers.
Examination:Delegates can sit the Agile Project Management Foundation examination at the end of the third day of the course. This is a 40 minute, 50 question multiple-choice, closed book examination testing the delegate's knowledge of Agile Project Management theory. You will need to achieve a score of at least 25 correct answers (50%) to pass. The Practitioner exam will be held on the final day of the course. It is a 2.5 hour Objective Testing Examination (complex multiple-choice). There are four questions based around a case-study scenario. Delegates are allowed to use an annotated Agile Project Management handbook to assist them in the examination. You will need to achieve a score of at least 40 correct answers out of 80 to pass. The pass mark (50%) is averaged across all four questions.
Pre-Requisites:Delegates must pass the Foundation examination in order to be eligible to attempt the Practitioner examination.
Courseware:Delegates will receive pre-course reading, the Agile Project Management Handbook and a detailed FGI Agile Project Management binder containing course slides, notes and an exercise pack.
Private On-Site Training:This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training. If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.