ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation Certificate
This course provides basic information, awareness and familiarity with the content and requirements of the International Standard ISO/IEC 20000, covering both the requirements in Part 1 and the guidance in Part 2. At the end of the course, there is a one hour, multiple-choice exam, following which successful candidates will be awarded the ISO/IEC 2000 IT Service Management Foundation Certificate. The course is inclusive of colour courseware, examinations, refreshments and post course tutor support.
- Understanding the scope, purpose and use of the standard
- Understanding the management system requirements
- Understanding the process requirements
- Planning and implementing new services
- Service Delivery processes
- Relationship processes
- Resolution processes
- Control and release processes
- Adopting the Plan, Do, Check, Act cycle for Service Improvement
- Review Assessment and audit of ISO/IEC 20000 activities
This course will enable participants to:
- Describe the scope, purpose and use of the standard
- Understand the key elements of the Service Management process
- Understand how to achieve the standard through both internal and external assessment.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is aimed at all staff providing IT Services in an organisation that is planning for, or holds, the ISO/IEC 20000 certification. It will be of particular benefit to staff in organisations due to implement the standard during the pre-assessment phases.
The closed-book examination consists of a one hour exam with 40 multiple-choice questions held on the afternoon of the third day of the course. The pass mark is 26 out of 40 (65%).
Delegates should have a minimum of three years’ IT Service Management experience or hold the ITIL® IT Service Management Foundation Certificate.
All delegates will be provided with comprehensive FGI ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation courseware, which includes syllabus details, copies of slides, additional exercise information, and a sample examination paper with an explanation of all answers. Delegates will also have access to the ISO/IEC 20000 standard and self-assessment workbook during the course.
Private On-Site Training:
This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training.
If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.