ITIL® Service Design
The ITIL® Service Design Intermediate Certificate forms part of the Lifecycle series of Intermediate certification modules, which can be taken as stand-alone qualifications or with a view to amassing sufficient credits to gain the ITIL® Service Management Expert qualification. It will give candidates a deep level of understanding of Service Design processes and roles.
The course is inclusive of courseware, examinations, refreshments, post course tutor support, and pass guarantee.
The ITIL® Intermediate Certificate in Service Design forms part of the Lifecycle series of Intermediate certification modules, which can be taken as stand-alone qualifications or with a view to amassing sufficient credits to gain the ITIL® Service Management Expert qualification. It will give candidates a deep level of understanding of Service Design processes and roles.
This course is intended to enable delegates with a Foundation-level knowledge of IT Service Management to apply good practice in processes pertaining to the Service Design lifecycle phase.
The course is interactive, combining presentation sessions and group exercises, with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion. On completion of the course and the required personal study, delegates will be able to sit the ITIL® Intermediate examination in Service Design worth 3 credits.
- Introduction to Service Design:
- Purpose, Goals and Objectives
- Scope of Service Design
- Interfaces with Other Lifecycle Phases
- Service Design and Business Value
- Service Design Principles:
- Balanced Design
- Service Requirements
- Design Activities, Aspects, Constraints
- Service Design Models
- Service Design Processes:
- Design Coordination
- Service Level Management
- Service Catalogue Management
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Supplier Management
- Service Design Technology-Related Activities:
- Requirements Engineering
- Data and Information Management
- Applications Management
- Organising Service Design:
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Organisational Context
- Tools and Technology for Service Design
- Implementation and Improvement of Service Design
- Challenges, CSFs and Risks
- Introduction to Service Design:
- This course will enable participants to:
- Understand the importance of Service Design in the overall context of Service Management;
- Understand Service Design Principles and Processes;
- Carry out common Service Design activities;
- Organise Service Design effectively;
- Recognise Service Design technology-related activities;
- Understand how to implement Service Design; and
- Understand and analyse challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks related to Service Design.
Who Will Benefit?This course is aimed at individuals who have attained the ITIL® Foundation certificate in Service Management (either v3 Foundation or v1/v2 Foundation plus Bridge) and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL® certifications. It will give delegates a detailed understanding of the ITIL® Service Design phase of the ITIL® core lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organisation. Individuals who may find this course of interest include IT professionals working within or about to enter a Service Design environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the processes, functions and activities involved, as well as those who are seeking the ITIL® Expert qualification in IT Service Management.
- Eight complex multiple-choice questions (multi-part, scenario-based, gradient-scoring), closed book
- 90 minutes
- 70% pass mark (28/40)
Pre-Requisites:Candidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management which must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission Candidates who hold the following ITIL® qualifications are also eligible, and similar evidence will be required:
- Earlier ITIL® (v2) Foundation plus Foundation Bridge
- ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management (achieved via Service Manager or Practitioner bridging routes).
Courseware:Delegates will receive a comprehensive pre-course preparation pack and detailed course slides and notes. Delegates will also receive a copy of FGI's ITIL® Intermediate Certificate in Service Design courseware.
Private On-Site Training:This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training. If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.