ITIL® Continual Service Improvement
- The ITIL® Continual Service Improvement Intermediate Certificate forms part of the Lifecycle series of Intermediate certification modules, which can be taken as stand-alone qualifications or with a view to amassing sufficient credits to gain the ITIL® Service Management Expert qualification. It will give candidates a deep level of understanding of CSI processes and roles. The course is inclusive of courseware, examinations, refreshments and post course tutor support.
Course Overview:This course is intended to enable delegates with a Foundation-level knowledge of IT Service Management to apply good practice in processes pertaining to the CSI lifecycle phase. The course is interactive, combining presentation sessions and group exercises, with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion. On completion of the course and the required personal study, delegates will be able to sit the ITIL® Intermediate examination in Continual Service Improvement worth 3 credits.
- Introduction to CSI:
- Purpose, Objectives and Scope of CSI
- CSI and Business Value
- The CSI Approach
- Interfaces with Other Lifecycle Phases
- CSI Principles
- CSI Processes:
- Seven-Step Improvement Process
- CSI Methods and Techniques:
- Gap Analysis
- Service Measurement
- ROI for CSI
- Service Reporting
- Availability Management Techniques
- Capacity Management Techniques
- CSI and ITSCM
- CSI and Problem Management
- CSI and Knowledge Management
- Organising for CSI:
- Generic Roles and Responsibilities
- Roles in the Seven-Step Improvement Process
- CSI Manager
- RACI Model
- Technology for CSI
- Implementing CSI:
- Where to Start?
- Organisational Change
- Communications Strategy and Plan
- Challenges, CSFs and Risks.
- Introduction to CSI:
- This course will enable participants to:
- Understand the importance of CSI in the overall context of Service Management;
- Understand CSI Principles and Processes;
- Carry out common CSI activities;
- Organise CSI effectively;
- Recognise CSI technology-related activities;
- Understand how to implement CSI; and
- Understand and analyse challenges, Critical Success Factors and risks related to CSI.
Who Will Benefit?This course is aimed at individuals who have attained the ITIL® Foundation certificate in Service Management (either v3 Foundation or v1/v2 Foundation plus Bridge) and who wish to advance to higher level ITIL® certifications. It will give delegates a detailed understanding of the ITIL® CSI phase of the ITIL® core lifecycle and how it may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service provision within an organisation. Individuals who may find this course of interest include IT professionals working within or about to enter a CSI environment and requiring a detailed understanding of the processes, functions and activities involved, as well as those who are seeking the ITIL® Expert qualification in IT Service Management.
- Eight complex multiple-choice questions (multi-part, scenario-based, gradient-scoring), closed book
- 90 minutes
- 70% pass mark (28/40) confirmed
Pre-RequisiteCandidates wishing to be trained and examined for this qualification must already hold the ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management which must be presented as documentary evidence to gain admission. Candidates who hold the following ITIL® qualifications are also eligible, and similar evidence will be required:
- Earlier ITIL® (v2) Foundation plus Foundation Bridge.
- ITIL® Expert Certificate in IT Service Management (achieved via Service Manager or Practitioner bridging routes).
Courseware:Delegates will receive a comprehensive pre-course preparation pack and detailed course slides and notes. Delegates will also receive a copy of FGI's ITIL® Intermediate Certificate in Continual Service Improvement courseware.
Private On-Site Training:This course can also be taught privately at your workplace by our accredited trainers, for more information read about our on-site training. If you would like more information on this course, please Contact Us.