Cyber attacks are increasingly recognised as one of the most serious risks facing any organisation and a strong global economy. Many organisations are now feeling the pain of a successful cyber-attack, for example in lost reputation and market share, stolen commercially sensitive information, loss of customer trust or regulatory fines. Many more are struggling to better understand how cyber risks are affecting their business. No organisation is safe from attack or can ever be secure.
When a cyber-attack strikes it threatens the fundamentals of a good business: its reputation, customer confidence and operational continuity. Knowing how to respond and recover effectively requires clarity and confidence through the cyber resilience of all staff. That is because businesses don’t detect and protect from a cyber-attack; people do.
RESILIA, a new Cyber Resilience Best Practice portfolio, has been designed to help commercial organisations and governments around the world prevent, detect and correct any impact that cyber attacks their ability to do business. Equipping staff to react and act on cyber is critical for keeping business value within the business.
The RESILIA Foundation course supports established IT control and business integration frameworks and shows how these controls can be selected, deployed and managed in the best way, enabling individuals to understand how they can contribute to good cyber resilience using the organisation’s existing processes and standards. This course will help individuals understand how operational decisions can have an impact on good cyber resilience and show how nurturing cyber resilience can support operational effectiveness and business efficiency.
The following topics will be covered:
- Introduction to Cyber Resilience
- Risk Management
- Managing Cyber Resilience
- Cyber Resilience Strategy
- Cyber Resilience Design
- Cyber Resilience Transition
- Cyber Resilience Operation
- Cyber Resilience Continual Improvement
- Cyber Resilience Roles and Responsibilities
- Examination preparation and RESILIA Foundation Examination
This course will enable participants to:
- Minimise any damage from a security breach and support fast recovery
- Build cyber resilience into existing business processes
- Establish a common language for cyber resilience across the organisation
- Build the confidence and insight to design and deliver cyber resilient strategies and services across the organisation as well as with customers and suppliers
- Understand the purpose, benefits and key terms of cyber resilience
- Understand the purpose of risk management and the key activities needed to address risks and opportunities
- Understand the purpose of a management system and how best practices and standards can contribute
- Understand the purpose of cyber resilience strategy, design, transition, operation and continual improvement, the associated control objectives and their interactions with ITSM activities
- Understand the purpose and benefits of segregation of duties and dual controls
- Be prepared to sit the RESILIA Foundation exam.
Who will benefit:
The RESILIA Foundation qualification is aimed at professionals within the IT and security functions; risk and compliance functions; and core business functions, including HR, Finance, Procurement, Operations and Marketing, that would benefit from having cyber resilience expertise within the team.
The RESILIA Foundation examination will be held on the third day of the course. It is a 1 hour and 40 minute, closed book, multiple-choice examination paper consisting of 50 questions.
Delegates will receive structured FGI pre-course reading, the RESILIA Cyber Resilience Best Practices manual, and FGI’s RESILIA Foundation courseware.